Tooling Mill Support Set-up Technician
- Production Support - Tooling
- MI, USA
- Full Time
Sets up and adjusts production work cells, tooling and machines to achieve a ready status for workers to run production by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs and adjusts holding device and fastens specified dies and fixtures in position to enable operator to produce finished work piece to specifications.
- Selects and sets speed and feed of machine according to type of operation and specified material and finish.
- Starts machine to obtain first run workpiece and verifies dimensional tolerances.
- Changes worn cutting tools and adjusts operation of machine such as cutting speed, feed rate, or depth of cut, when required.
- Documents and instructs operators or other workers in machine setup and operation.
- Sets up machines and equipment other than machine tools used in production work cell such as tables, check fixtures, bins, etc.
- Performs minor repairs and preventive maintenance on machinery as needed on air, electric, plumbing, lubers.
- Completes and processes paperwork, documents or other action processing required of position either manual or through computer software programs.
- Adheres to and enforces established policies, programs and processes including Quality Assurance program, Employment Policies and Procedures, and Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as complies with Local, State or Federal rules and regulations.
- Self-directed work with little or no supervision.
- Sets example for leadership with positive behaviors.
- Communicates effectively with other cell leaders and general labor positions.